Oakland: March 2007

Oakland: March 2007
Arrived late. Parked illegally. Streets empty. Still. Only this magnificent voice, winding around the corners, echoing upside the skyscrapers. Goosebumps. This is History. I am a part of history. And everybody else knows it, too

Monday, August 27, 2007

Obama and Middle C

A repost from a blog I wrote back in February: I still believe!

As I read through these blogs, so many times I come across fellow supporters who, like me, left their youthful dreams of America back in that kitchen pantry in '68...

Since then, I have never witnessed anything like the excitement the Senator is generating across the country, across generations.

Do we dare to dream again? Will they take this away from us as well? Back in the 60s, media didn't ruin candidates with dis-information, distortions; the sophisticated manipulation of consciousness and opinion by means of neurolinguistic programing was beyond our capacity to even conceptualize.

I was 16 when the world as I knew it ended at 6:15 am on June 6, 1968. I had fallen asleep on the east coast before the results of the California Primary were announced. My clock radio woke me; it was the tone of the words that signalled a catastrophe well before the nature of the news; heavy, hushed, shocked and anguished sorrow. I rushed to my mother's room. "Mom, they shot him." I was crying.

For years I wondered who 'they' was? Now I know. We all know. "They" are now so everpresent, so omnipotent they have accomplished much more than assassinating presidents; they have staged wildly successful 'false flag' ops, dismantled and shipped our economy overseas, bankrupted our schools, shredded our constitution, stolen elections, blatantly engaged in the overthrow of governments to accomplish nothing short of ruling the world. The list goes on.

But the worst thing, the worst thing they have accomplished is what they have done to our souls. While we were sleeping, they have systematically robbed us of the freedom of thought. They are the body snatchers. They have lobotomized America.

And so here is my daughter, like so many of yours. A young college student who called me the other day to tell me she watched Obama's 2004 address to the DNC and remembered how she thought at the time "I want him to be president." She was one of the first members of the Facebook Obama contingent, she has had an Obama 08 sticker on her car since Christmas. My daughter, who is going to Uganda next September after graduating with a degree in International Relations to help connect a small Ugandan village to a regional water system. She is working with the Rotary Club; she does not trust the Peace Corps becase 'they' control it now. My daughter, who has travelled solo internationally for 3 years, engaging in political discussions with students and residents in Barcelona, Rome, Prague, Paris, Galway, London, Vienna ... ashamed of her country.

And now? What we all dispaired of ever experiencing again ... an electrifying political figure who has the opportunity to awaken and ignite our dream of America.

How can we allow them to break these young hearts too?

This is my message. My 'pitch.' A few months ago, I called a piano tuner to set up an appointment. He asked me to go to the piano and hit "Middle C." At first my mind went blank, a famiiar term, to be sure, but it was so many years ago, I was a mere child when I last sat at a piano. But when I walked over i knew without thinking which key to strike. It was intuitive.

Just from hearing that key over the phone, he knew he would only have to tune the piano two times. How is that possible?

I think this is what Obama '08 is all about, this explains the phenomenom that has already so energized hundreds of thousands of us. The Senator is that Middle C which sets the tone around which all the other keys harmonize. We know him, we recognize him.

Obama is resonating at 261.6. We are captivated in the quest for harmony. We are seeking perfect pitch.

In this quest, there are no differentials, no distinctions between ages,world views, gender, skin color, economic or educational background. There is only the reality.

Keep your eyes on the conductor. He will lead us. He's in 'flow.'

Organize. Unite. Don't look back.

Not again.

No comments: